ThreadCity.com

ThreadCity.com Homepage

If you have photos and would like to see them here, Contact Us


Home ::
Album list :: Search


CONTACT US


fgf.JPG

Gallery 01 - Main St.


mainstreet-lead.jpg

Gallery 02 - Main St. Postcards


25-4.jpg

Gallery 03 - Willimantic


pic3w.jpg

Gallery 04 - Willi Spots


pic4v.jpg

Gallery 05 - Footbridge


footbridge-z.jpg

Gallery 06 - Postcard Series


pica6.jpg

Gallery 07 - Businesses - Pre 1930


7-20-2017_pow-a.jpg

Gallery 08 - Businesses - Post 1930


7-27-2017.jpg

Gallery 09 - Early Scenes


8-3-2017-pow.jpg

Gallery 10 - Buildings


2-18-2016-pow.JPG

Gallery 11 - Churches - Religious


2-02-2017.jpg

57 albums on 5 page(s) 1

Random files
5-8-14pow-b-2.jpg
Close
Filename=5-8-14pow-b-2.jpg Filesize=165KB Dimensions=1440x878 Date added=May 08, 2014
Mamlin-Tilden-Jordan BlockIn 1870,a “Mr. Hamlin” erected the two story building on Main St. shown inthis photo. It contained four small stores. In 1887 it was purchased by Marshall Tilden who, in in 1894, completely remodeled it. Upon completion of the remodeling it was called, “the most ornamental four story block in the city”. The “Tilden Block” was then purchased by the Jordan brothers in 1906 and became “the Jordan Block”. It was completely destroyed in a spectacular 1917 fire. Less than a year later, the Jordan Block had been completely rebuilt. The building is presently owned by the ECSU Foundation. Pic of the Week May 8, 2014
fb-9e.jpg
Close
Filename=fb-9e.jpg Filesize=70KB Dimensions=661x489 Date added=Jun 20, 2015
Norm Vertefeuille - Green Leaf Shop
stan-mem-d-tc.jpg
Close
Filename=stan-mem-d-tc.jpg Filesize=953KB Dimensions=864x1156 Date added=Feb 16, 2013
Wyndham Farms (Hallocks) Ice Cream Container
fb-4c.jpg
Close
Filename=fb-4c.jpg Filesize=94KB Dimensions=772x741 Date added=Jun 20, 2015
Harry Contos - Windham Card and News
pic2d.jpg
Close
Filename=pic2d.jpg Filesize=157KB Dimensions=1024x819 Date added=Feb 26, 2010
Loomer Opera House The Loomer Block dominated Main St. for several decades. The Loomer Opera House was considered to be the finest theater between Hartford and Providence. It seated 1,200 people in lush surroundings. Many famous vaudeville acts played there, including Buffalo Bill Cody, Charlie Chaplin and Stan Laurel. Lumber magnate Silas Loomer built it in 1879. Movies were shown there in the 1920s, but it could not compete with the Capitol Cinema. The Opera House was demolished in 1940 and replaced by a new Woolworth's store.The block also housed several other businesses including a pharmacy and a pool hall.
mainst-1-a.jpg
Close
Filename=mainst-1-a.jpg Filesize=129KB Dimensions=1024x735 Date added=Jun 12, 2011
Main St.Nothing defines a town more than its Main St. This album features photos taken through the years. This is one of the earliest photos we have seen. Note that the Main St. side of Lincoln Square has begun to be built up while the Union St. side is still raw land. The houses on Main St. will soon be replaced by brick buildings.
5-1-14a.jpg
Close
Filename=5-1-14a.jpg Filesize=459KB Dimensions=1571x1048 Date added=May 08, 2014
The Commercial Block - 661-677 Main StretThis is the Commercial Block. At the time of the photo, the ground floor stores were occupied by the Brick-Sullivan Shoe Company, Harry Rosen’s Department Store and G.H. Alford and Son Hardware Store. It was destroyed in the Saint Valentine's Day fire of 1969. Pic of the Week May 1, 2014
9-25-14pow.jpg
Close
Filename=9-25-14pow.jpg Filesize=689KB Dimensions=1440x966 Date added=Sep 25, 2014
1939 Road WorkThe photo was taken on Mansfield Avenue near Pigeon Road.