ThreadCity.com

ThreadCity.com Homepage

If you have photos and would like to see them here, Contact Us


Home ::
Album list :: Search


CONTACT US


fgf.JPG

Gallery 01 - Main St.


mainstreet-lead.jpg

Gallery 02 - Main St. Postcards


25-4.jpg

Gallery 03 - Willimantic


pic3w.jpg

Gallery 04 - Willi Spots


pic4v.jpg

Gallery 05 - Footbridge


footbridge-z.jpg

Gallery 06 - Postcard Series


pica6.jpg

Gallery 07 - Businesses - Pre 1930


7-20-2017_pow-a.jpg

Gallery 08 - Businesses - Post 1930


7-27-2017.jpg

Gallery 09 - Early Scenes


8-3-2017-pow.jpg

Gallery 10 - Buildings


2-18-2016-pow.JPG

Gallery 11 - Churches - Religious


2-02-2017.jpg

57 albums on 5 page(s) 1

Random files
redev-center.jpg
Close
Filename=redev-center.jpg Filesize=154KB Dimensions=1024x804 Date added=Jun 11, 2011
Center St.Center Street, looking from Valley Street south towards Main Center Street was laid out in 1866 by Allen Lincoln. This location, along with Temple and Broad Streets, developed into a vibrant commercial, residential center of the city. The entire area was demolished in 1974.
Picture courtesy of Tom Riquier.
'38-eves-6.jpg
Close
Filename='38-eves-6.jpg Filesize=345KB Dimensions=2048x1115 Date added=Sep 21, 2014
Roselin Mfg. - 95 Milk StreetPhoto courtesy of The Mill Museum. See their website at http://www.millmuseum.org/
11-6-2014pow.jpg
Close
Filename=11-6-2014pow.jpg Filesize=634KB Dimensions=1425x952 Date added=Nov 06, 2014
WWI Welcome Home ParadeWillimantic’s August 16, 1919 World War I Welcome Home Parade. It was part of a daylong celebration that included a clambake, sporting contests, a dance at Lincoln Square and a military ball. The photo was taken on Main St. near the YMCA and looking northwest.
July17.jpg
Close
Filename=July17.jpg Filesize=157KB Dimensions=1024x770 Date added=Jul 17, 2010
945-953 Main St.In 1930, the occupants were Heller Grocers and C. Winfield Noyes Autos. By 1948, it was home to Heller's Beverages (945), Heller's Furnished Rooms (947), LaMorte Brothers Cigars (953) and Gaudette Plumber (953).
In 1968 the tenants were Seretny's Package Store (945), Heller's Real Estate (947) and the "Furnished Rooms" which had taken on a different address (955).
In the photo, from left to right.....the little section housed the Norwich Bulletin. Then it was LaMorte News, Max Heller Real Estate and Insurance and then Seretny's Package Store. Picture courtesy of Mick Seretny and Davie Sills
12-10-2015-pow-a.jpg
Close
Filename=12-10-2015-pow-a.jpg Filesize=463KB Dimensions=1538x1336 Date added=Dec 17, 2015
Main Street's 1975 MerchantsJoseph "Al" Beaulieu correctly identified this group. The photo came from a Tom Beardsley article about Main Street merchants in 1975. The top row, left to right, features Adam Todd (Todds), Dick Case (Smith-Keon Jewelers) and John Monaghan (Hall of Frames). The second row, left to right shows Rob Roy (Rob Roy Jewelers), Charlie Sanborn (Camera Center) and Larry Schiller (Schiller’s Sewing Circle).
neighborhoods-tc-2~0.jpg
Close
Filename=neighborhoods-tc-2~0.jpg Filesize=133KB Dimensions=1024x803 Date added=Oct 31, 2012
May20.jpg
Close
Filename=May20.jpg Filesize=104KB Dimensions=1024x552 Date added=May 20, 2011
Adams and Company Meat MarketPic of the Week - May 20, 2011
In this pic, we'll start with the building at the very left of the picture. That is 931 Main St. and was once known as "the Gelinas Block" and then "the Mazzola Block". The middle building (with the Eagle Ale sign) is the saloon of Arthur McQuillan. McQuillans was a popular spot. Notice that the sign actually spells his name wrong. While it was "McQuillan in newspaper ads and the city directory, the sign says "McQuillian" - with an extra "i". Maybe it was painted by a patron who had one too many. The building on the right of McQuillan's (the two story house with a business on the street level) was 921-927 Main St. with "S. Adams and Co. Meat Market" at 921. Today it is the site of the Willimantic Public Library. Determining street numbers of past buildings is not always an exact science when applying them to today's buildings. The Library today is listed at 905 Main. Many of the buildings in earlier years consisted of 2 or more addresses depending upon how many floors a building had. But we'll happily accept any corrections

sl7.jpg
Close
Filename=sl7.jpg Filesize=385KB Dimensions=1516x1027 Date added=Nov 13, 2013
Willimantic Fair - Balloon AscensionPreparations are being made for a balloon ascension and parachute jump that occurred during the Willimantic Fair of September, 1910. On three different days, aeronaut Vincent Morris made the ascension and jump. On thr third day’s jump, he gave the crowd a scare as the parachute almost landed in the Willimantic River. Pic of the Week November 14, 2013