ThreadCity.com

ThreadCity.com Homepage

If you have photos and would like to see them here, Contact Us


Home ::
Album list :: Search


Gallery 12 - Willimantic Fire Dept.


12-29-2016-POW-a.jpg

Gallery 13 - RR & Trolley


3-9-2016-pow-b.jpg

Gallery 14 - Blocks


8-25-2016-a-pow.jpg

Gallery 15 - Neighborhoods


4-6-2017.jpg

Gallery 16- ATCO


atco-jahja6.JPG

Gallery 17 - Mills


pic1.jpg

Gallery 18 - Events


2-16-2017.jpg

Gallery 19 - Parades


9-3-2015b.jpg

Gallery 19a - July 4, 1910,1911 Parades


6-30-2016.jpg

Gallery 20 - Yesterday-Today


Scan_Pic0007.jpg

Gallery 21 - Willi- Summer '63 -a


tc-60s-a.jpg

Gallery 22 - Willi- Summer '63 -b


pic6~0.jpg

57 albums on 5 page(s) 2

Random files
fb-7e.jpg
Close
Filename=fb-7e.jpg Filesize=110KB Dimensions=798x685 Date added=Jun 20, 2015
Joe Fitzgerald - Wilson's Pharmacy
tc-willi-7~0.jpg
Close
Filename=tc-willi-7~0.jpg Filesize=360KB Dimensions=1024x628 Date added=Oct 31, 2012
769main-app1925.jpg
Close
Filename=769main-app1925.jpg Filesize=857KB Dimensions=1080x787 Date added=Nov 13, 2013
Worden's Tea RoomWorden’s Tea Room at 769 Main Street (later this building was replaced by Brown’s Department Store). The Tea Room was there in 1925 but was in business less than two years due to the death of Mr. Worden. Pic of the Week November 7, 2013
picofweek.jpg
Close
Filename=picofweek.jpg Filesize=247KB Dimensions=1490x1018 Date added=Aug 17, 2014
Previous Pics of the Week have been transferred.
11-17-2016-pow-a.jpg
Close
Filename=11-17-2016-pow-a.jpg Filesize=365KB Dimensions=2046x1152 Date added=Nov 23, 2016
Bridge Street Railroad DepotThis is the railroad depot just west of Bridge Street. It originally served the Quidnick-Windham mills. And, as Joseph "Al" Beaulieu points out, it was the Railway Express Station.
pic6d.jpg
Close
Filename=pic6d.jpg Filesize=110KB Dimensions=1024x613 Date added=Feb 26, 2010
Tilden's BlockThe Tilden's Block displays a sign that reads, “Stoves, crockery, glass, tin ware, furniture, carpets, oil cloths, dry and fancy goods, ladies and children's cloaks and suits.” The block was completely renovated, inside and out, in 1894. The facade was completely redone and a third floor was added. In 1906, Marshall Tilden sold the block to the Jordan Brothers. It became known as the Jordan Block and was destroyed by fire in 1916.
tc-60s willi-dd.jpg
Close
Filename=tc-60s willi-dd.jpg Filesize=193KB Dimensions=1024x943 Date added=Sep 22, 2011
Hurley's in the H.C. Murray buildingThis photo shows the ornate brickwork of the H.C. Murray building.
pic4.jpg
Close
Filename=pic4.jpg Filesize=102KB Dimensions=1024x600 Date added=Mar 13, 2010
Bob ChasseBob Chasse of Willimantic pictured on the west end of Pleasant Street in 1912. Note the lack of trees and buildings and the clear view to Main Street.