ThreadCity.com

ThreadCity.com Homepage

If you have photos and would like to see them here, Contact Us


Home ::
Album list :: Search


Gallery 35 - End of an Era


endofera-2.jpg

Gallery 36-a - Flocken photos


flocken-3.JPG

Gallery 36-b - Flocken photos


4019.JPG

Gallery 37 - Windham Bridges


pic12.jpg

Gallery 38 - Military


company L.JPG

Gallery 39 - Windham Center


8-4-2016-pow.JPG

Gallery 40 - North Windham


Falls-north windham-chronicle.jpg

Gallery 41 - South Windham


10-20-2016 POW.jpg

Gallery 42 - Scotland


8-11-2016-a.JPG

Gallery 43 - Isolation Hospital


1912-tc-4.jpg

Gallery 44- Ephemera


tc-eph-amphicar.jpg

Gallery 45 - Memorabilia


tc-mem-butler.JPG

57 albums on 5 page(s) 4

Random files
pow-08-30-12-chronicle-1.jpg
Close
Filename=pow-08-30-12-chronicle-1.jpg Filesize=946KB Dimensions=1200x790 Date added=Aug 30, 2012
Only car ever to cross the footbridge.Pic of the Week - August 30, 2012
Local legend is that this was the only car that ever crossed the footbridge. The police were waiting on Pleasant St. After that incident, the barriers were installed. The car was parked on the side of the old Post Office on High Street. The name of the driver is not known.
tc-ephem-jj.jpg
Close
Filename=tc-ephem-jj.jpg Filesize=862KB Dimensions=504x1096 Date added=Mar 02, 2013
Six Cord Thread
1938-tc-4.jpg
Close
Filename=1938-tc-4.jpg Filesize=188KB Dimensions=1240x692 Date added=Sep 22, 2011
Bill Orange's House1938 hurricane damage to the house of Bill Orange. It was located on the southwest corner of Prospect and Walnut Sts.
pic4b.jpg
Close
Filename=pic4b.jpg Filesize=100KB Dimensions=1024x570 Date added=Feb 26, 2010
European HouseThe European House, a building that housed a hotel and several stores, occupied the corner of Main and Railroad. It was built in 1861, and partially destroyed by fire in the early 20th century. It was again hit by a fire during World War Two, and demolished. Advertised on the Railroad Street side of the building are the City Drug Store, toilet articles, and cigars and soda.
tc-windhams-e.jpg
Close
Filename=tc-windhams-e.jpg Filesize=186KB Dimensions=1024x657 Date added=Oct 31, 2012
5-21-2015-a POW_.jpg
Close
Filename=5-21-2015-a POW_.jpg Filesize=424KB Dimensions=1721x1355 Date added=May 21, 2015
Memorial Day, 1911 - first formations of the paradeCompany “L” of the Connecticut National Guard (first group of marchers in the photo) had marched from their Valley Street Armory down to Broad Street. At Broad Street they were joined by the Garde Florimond (second group of marchers) and the Tierney Cadets. They marched down Broad Street to Main and then up Main Street to the Town Hall. There, they were joined by twelve more groups. The parade proceeded to the Willimantic Cemetery where the graves of the veterans were decorated.
ephemstan-11tc.jpg
Close
Filename=ephemstan-11tc.jpg Filesize=825KB Dimensions=1076x1800 Date added=Feb 11, 2013
Willimantic Silk Company TagWillimantic Silk, Inc., organized in 1928, was located on Bridge Street in one of the old Quidnick-Windham Mills buildings. In 1934 it sat idle for five months due to a wage dispute that ended in December. It ran into financial trouble again in 1938. (Photo courtesy of Stan)
8-25-2016-a-pow.jpg
Close
Filename=8-25-2016-a-pow.jpg Filesize=496KB Dimensions=1515x1107 Date added=Aug 25, 2016
Tanner Block The Tanner block stood on the northeast corner of Main and North Streets. At the time of the photo it was home to Dorman’s Candy Shop, Miss Helen Battey’s tailor shop, D.C. Barrows Jewelry store, Sherman’s Fruit Store and James Murray’s Clothing store. The shops were located both on the Main Street and North Street sides. QVCC is now at this location.