ThreadCity.com

ThreadCity.com Homepage

If you have photos and would like to see them here, Contact Us


Home ::
Album list :: Search


Gallery 46 - Saint Mary Parish


8-20-2015-a.jpg

Gallery 47 - Mansfield


12-15-2016-bbb.jpg

Gallery 48 - Nearby towns


3-30-2017-b-pow.jpg

Gallery 49 - ATCO's 1925 Strike


atco-cops-3.jpg

Gallery 50 -Willi's 1975 Merchants


12-10-2015-pow-a.jpg

Gallery 51 - Sidewalk Sale


sidewalk-1~0.JPG

Gallery 52 - Courtesy Dick Donovan


012.jpg

Gallery 53 - Misc. photos


4-23-2015.jpg

Gallery 54 - Help us identify it


IMG 0282-11-120.jpg

 

 

 

57 albums on 5 page(s) 5

Random files
events-tc-3.jpg
Close
Filename=events-tc-3.jpg Filesize=120KB Dimensions=1024x602 Date added=Sep 22, 2011
mainst-east-a.jpg
Close
Filename=mainst-east-a.jpg Filesize=135KB Dimensions=1024x744 Date added=Jun 12, 2011
This photograph of Lincoln Square was taken in 1905. The J.C. Lincoln building was Willimantic's own triangle building, and made the junction with Union and Main. Also, the central portion of buildings, facing Union and Lower Main, and extending towards Jackson Street and the mills, contained many businesses. The Lincoln Square area was referred to in the 19th century as 'downtown', and was a favoured location for the new town hall, eventually built in 1896 in its current location. The town couldn't obtain the Lincoln Square property as prices were too high, and instead the city fathers went 'uptown' to the junction of Main and Bridge, and much to the chagrin of many built the new town hall there. So Lincoln Square may have been saved if the town hall had replaced the Lincoln Block 'triangle building'.
tc-ephem-bb.jpg
Close
Filename=tc-ephem-bb.jpg Filesize=746KB Dimensions=864x582 Date added=Mar 02, 2013
Sports Center Arena Boxing Match Ticket
'38-eves-4.jpg
Close
Filename='38-eves-4.jpg Filesize=402KB Dimensions=2048x1178 Date added=Sep 21, 2014
Roselin Mfg. - 95 Milk StreetRoselin Mfg. - 95 Milk Street. Photo courtesy of The Mill Museum. See their website at http://www.millmuseum.org/
1912-tc-23.jpg
Close
Filename=1912-tc-23.jpg Filesize=100KB Dimensions=1024x602 Date added=Sep 04, 2011
mainst-lower.jpg
Close
Filename=mainst-lower.jpg Filesize=82KB Dimensions=1024x634 Date added=Jun 12, 2011
Lower Main Street, 1963This is the railroad crossing on Lower Main Street, pictured in 1963. The building on the right is the Jillson House, now the home of the Windham Historical Society. The façade and sign of the Windham Diner can be seen just further up the street.
atco-g.jpg
Close
Filename=atco-g.jpg Filesize=196KB Dimensions=1024x755 Date added=Jun 12, 2011
ATCO bridgeThe crossing between Mills One and Mills Six welcomed visitors and travellers into Willimantic between 1916 and 1998.
09-29-2016.jpg
Close
Filename=09-29-2016.jpg Filesize=487KB Dimensions=1080x1450 Date added=Sep 29, 2016
Demolition of the Strand TheaterFedor Litryn, the last owner of the Strand Theater, watches as the Broad Street building is razed during Willimantic’s Redevelopment period.