ThreadCity.com

ThreadCity.com Homepage

If you have photos and would like to see them here, Contact Us


Home ::
Album list :: Search

> Gallery 03 - Willimantic

post office.JPG
Close
Filename=post office.JPG Filesize=166KB Dimensions=1024x632 Date added=Oct 31, 2012
elks nativity scene 1-1.jpg
Close
Filename=elks nativity scene 1-1.jpg Filesize=68KB Dimensions=640x434 Date added=Oct 31, 2012
Elks Lodge on Pleasant Street
willi-a.jpg
Close
Filename=willi-a.jpg Filesize=79KB Dimensions=1024x686 Date added=Oct 31, 2012
tc-willimantic-a.jpg
Close
Filename=tc-willimantic-a.jpg Filesize=217KB Dimensions=1024x791 Date added=Oct 31, 2012
tc-willi-6~0.jpg
Close
Filename=tc-willi-6~0.jpg Filesize=358KB Dimensions=1024x761 Date added=Oct 31, 2012
tc-willimantic-a~0.jpg
Close
Filename=tc-willimantic-a~0.jpg Filesize=217KB Dimensions=1024x791 Date added=Oct 31, 2012
pow-04-26-12.jpg
Close
Filename=pow-04-26-12.jpg Filesize=124KB Dimensions=1024x689 Date added=Apr 25, 2012
The Willimantic Public Works Dept. GarageThis is the old Willimantic City Public Works Dept. Garage. It was built in 1903 and was originally used as a trolley barn for the Willimantic-Baltic Trolley
pic3.jpg
Close
Filename=pic3.jpg Filesize=221KB Dimensions=1024x1009 Date added=Jun 03, 2010
Windham HospitalGovernor Wilbur Cross at the Cornerstone Dedication Ceremony at Windham Hospital, April 12, 1932.
june16-2011.jpg
Close
Filename=june16-2011.jpg Filesize=101KB Dimensions=1024x685 Date added=Jun 18, 2011
First District Schoolhouse.Pic of the week for June 18, 2011. This building sat on the corner of Windham and Valley Sts. It was razed in preparation for the building of what would be called the F.R. Noble School. Today it is a dorm for ECSU.
pow03-01-12.jpg
Close
Filename=pow03-01-12.jpg Filesize=82KB Dimensions=1024x692 Date added=Mar 08, 2012
State Trade SchoolPic of the Week - March 1, 2012
This building started out as the Turner Silk Mill and later became, as the sign says, the State Trade School. It stood on the corner of Valley and Bank Streets.March 01, 2012 Pic of the Week - original photo
pow-1-12-12.jpg
Close
Filename=pow-1-12-12.jpg Filesize=138KB Dimensions=1024x819 Date added=Jan 12, 2012
Pic of the Week - January 12, 2012
This is an early photo of Ward "C" at St. Joseph's Hospital on Jackson Street.
pow-05-17-12.jpg
Close
Filename=pow-05-17-12.jpg Filesize=90KB Dimensions=1024x631 Date added=May 17, 2012
Pic of the Week - May 17, 2012The Town Farm - West Main Street
January01.jpg
Close
Filename=January01.jpg Filesize=149KB Dimensions=661x1024 Date added=Jan 01, 2011
Statue of Columbus at St. Joseph's HospitalIn early 1892, in recognition of his sterling service for St. Joseph Church, the Reverend Father Florimond DeBruycker was granted leave by the Diocese to tour Europe and to visit his hometown in Belgium. He was greatly missed, and was warmly welcomed on his return. His Catholic church in Belgium, recognizing that 1892 was America's bicentennial, gifted DeBruycker a statue of Christopher Columbus. He planned to unveil it on Columbus Day. It depicted Columbus in the act of stepping on American soil for the first time, bearing a cross and a banner. The statue was fitted on a pedestal, and placed in the grounds of the new convent.
May14.jpg
Close
Filename=May14.jpg Filesize=130KB Dimensions=1024x562 Date added=May 14, 2011
Saint Joseph's SchoolPic of the Week - May 14, 2011
This is the original Saint Joseph's School which was built in the mid 1870s and torn down in 1907.
_(KGrHqZHJ!0E63RuD!RWBO0T(rWzOQ~~60_57.JPG
Close
Filename=_(KGrHqZHJ!0E63RuD!RWBO0T(rWzOQ~~60_57.JPG Filesize=407KB Dimensions=1600x1058 Date added=Mar 08, 2013
Saint Mary's SchoolSt. Mary's School was built (1902) even before the church(1903). In 1905 a two story "ell" addition with bell tower was built. There was a small fire in 1925 that led to some remodeling but on the night of January 31, 1953, the school was destroyed by fire.
 
47 files on 3 page(s) 3